Copyright Notice

All rights reserved. No part of this publication may be reproduced, distributed, or transmitted in any form or by any means, including photocopying, recording, or other electronic or mechanical methods, without the prior written permission of the author, except in the case of brief quotations embodied in critical reviews and certain other non-commercial uses permitted by copyright law. For permission requests, write to the author, at the address below.

Sakmongkol ak 47

ariff.sabri@gmail.com

Monday 2 March 2009

Sakmongkol AK47 speaks with Tun Daim(4)

Now Tun,if I may ask, how do you see the Pemuda race? I asked,

You support Khairy kan?

TDZ must have been reading my various articles supporting KJ.

Indeed I do because of my reasons I outlined in my blog articles.

This young man Khairy is a talented person. But I am afraid; the going will be tough for him. For two reasons; One, It's unfortunate that now, everything associated with Pak Lah is difficult. If I were Khairy, I will be thinking of my survival first. The second, thing, too much money politics.

Ok Tun, if I/we are to help KJ, kita buat macam mana? I asked this question explicitly and directly.

Well, I will do something heroic. It's never too late. I hope so. If I were khairy, I would have done this earlier on. I would have come out with a statement supporting unreservedly the change in power. (TDZ was referring of course to the passing of the baton from Pak Lah to Najib). I will say I look forward to working and supporting Najib wholeheartedly.

He will have to think of some way nak buat macam mana. I tak tahu. Maybe get the blessing of Pak Lah as any filial son in law should do.

In my mind this is an excellent tactical move. KJ would have to think of something to show his undivided support for the PM2B. He will have to find a reason to use as basis to reiterate his undivided support. Exploiting the swirling rumours manufactured by some people that Pak Lah is planning to stay on, could be a possible basis. Supporting the need for new leadership for extraordinary times can be another basis.

The second thing khairy kena buat is how to neutralise this Khir Toyo chap, said TDZ.

Sorry Tun, I understand it was you who proposed the name of Khir Toyo to Dr. Mahathir the last time.

Yes I did, at that time, kita were facing a political mess of our own in Selangor. I was tasked with the job of looking for someone with certain criteria. I scouted around and found this chap Khir Toyo. He nampak better than the rest at that time.

At this point of my tete-a-tete with TDZ, I am not sure as to whether TDZ wrote or met up with khir Toyo. I suppose it was an actual meeting between the prospective Khir Toyo and TDZ. Probably at that meeting, TDZ told Khir Toyo the intention to appoint him as Selangor MB. To my personal knowledge one of those seen by TDZ was Mokhtar Dahalan. I also heard that at least 15 names were submitted by Tan Sri Muhd bin Muhd Taib. It was common knowledge that Muhd Taib submitted 'weak' candidates probably to serve as seat warmers until such time he himself can make a comeback. But I suppose, TDZ knew and read the game well.

At that meeting, TDZ made Khir Toyo promised observance to several things- not to take advantage of his office and so forth. Khir Toyo must have promised the stars and moon at that meeting. He must have been extremely jubilant and in that unguarded moment will even do a Faustian sell.

He is the other guy that Khairy must watch out. He has been MB for almost 10 years and has a huge war chest. But he was also the one who bloody lost Selangor.

He is the front runner now.

And TDZ proceeded with the repeated rubbing of his thumb and index finger- you know the motion one uses to indicate money. That is Khir Toyo.

Indeed TDZ was disappointingly displeased as to what became of Khir Toyo. After all it was TDZ who scouted for Khir Toyo.

I wrote a letter to him. I said I have received many reports. I did some investigation. And I believed them to be largely true.

I must stress that I am not privy to the contents and indeed this is a revelation to me.

Apa Khir Toyo buat Tun? I asked expectantly.

He actually came to see me. He wanted to explain his side of the story. I told him- no, you don't answer to me. You answer to God.

TDZ was visibly disappointed.

I glimpsed at my watch, wondering whether it has been 45 minutes. I knew our conversation is coming to an end.

Tun, I seldom nampak you in the papers nowadays. Our ministers yang sekarang ni,takde jumpa you and get some ideas and thoughts ke?

Takde. Who wants to see us now? TDZ answered. I am mostly overseas. I balik seminggu dua dalam sebulan just to look see. Look around to see what's happening.

In a few days, Mingguan Malaysia will be coming to interview me about the economy.

Tun, can I ask you a last question, I said.

Mengapa you think, at such a late stage Pak Lah switched ministries with Najib?

This one I am not sure whether TDZ was just playing a fast one on me. But this is what he said.

It is something like this. Pak Lah gave the powerful finance ministry to Najib in the hope that Najib feels eternally indebted. Pak Lah further hoped through such a gesture, Najib will allow Pak Lah to stay on. Sekarang dia pi Defence MInsitry- siapa nak dengar cakap dia dah. Kalau Finance Minister, semua orang dengar...

I must repeat, I wasn't sure whether TDZ was serious or just playing a prank on me. I too let out a laugh when TDZ said that.

How's your blogging?

Alhamdullilah, not bad I think. I began in June 2008. At least I am staying politically relevant and keeping my mind sharp.

Tun, thank you once again for allowing me to see you. It has been an honour.

With that, I rose and extended my hands to shake his. He stretched out his hand and I took it and kissed his hands as any younger Malay would do to a respected person. I could have sworn, at that time, in my heart, I said- GODFATHER, DON DAIM.

23 comments:

Anonymous,  2 March 2009 at 16:46  

we will see from now on all the pro KJ bloggers will start to bodek najib.they were rude to the pm2b then.we shall see the change in their stance from now on.

Anonymous,  2 March 2009 at 16:50  

khir toyo mampuih dah. hilang pedoman. kaya raya dan mungkin janji dengan demand lebar daun. sebab itu negeri terbalik. kes2 nya satu persatu dah mula keluak. inikah orang yang mahu menjadi ketua pemuda. hang dah kalah.

Anonymous,  2 March 2009 at 16:53  

dato sakmongkol,
dato sepatutnya sebut...salut! Don Corleone Daim

mantra-indeeptots 2 March 2009 at 17:01  

This young man Khairy is a talented person... No doubt about that but theres a big BUT here!

Is KJ the only talented UMNO here? Would UMNO sacrifice their future for this guy?

Can KJ be a little patient until the rakyat is willing to accept UMNO again. UMNO depends so much on its winning team.. is KJ in the winning team for the rakyat?

You forgotten to ask TDZ about Mukhriz... WHY?

Ariff Sabri 2 March 2009 at 17:07  

dear mantra,
what about mukhriz? he wasn't mentioned at all is revealing no? i asked about the pemuda race. tun was the one expounding his idea. as to KJ, i asked because i hv stated my preference clearly in my blogs and bearing the brunt of criticisms for that. but then to everyone his own..
KJ is not the only talented person of course- but the field is narrow now, kan? its not a population of 1000 vying for the KP post.

Pak Zawi 2 March 2009 at 18:36  

Dato' Sak,
What a revealation. This should put out KT but with that massive war chest, he may buy himself the KP post. If only the Pemuda delegates are God fearing people....

Anonymous,  2 March 2009 at 20:28  

Salam Tok Sak,
Anti climax lah, but good nevertheless! Anti climax cos I thought you tersilap dengar about kj... I'm sure TDZ will not like a character like kj... you must be "hearing things"!? Just like your murmuring "kj, kj.." in your sleep - that's what Mamasita mentioned! Anyway, some interesting insights from TDZ... looks like TDZ pun "tersilap pileh" jugak (on KT) like TDM (on pak lah)... nasi dah jadi bubok... apa dikenang?

Anonymous,  2 March 2009 at 23:12  

Part 2

And you cannot discount Dr Mahathir. He is part of Malaysia. That's the mistake Pak Lah buat. I asked Pak Lah- go and see Dr Mahathir. Pi lah jumpa dia. Ask him what does he actually want.

Part 4

“If I were khairy, I would have done this earlier on. I would have come out with a statement supporting unreservedly the change in power”


Part 5
Putting the above statements together, reading between the lines, innuendo:

“Mr. Khairy, you go and make peace with Mahathear” or you’ll be forever damned.

p.s. Mukhriz wasn’t mentioned because there’s nothing bad to say about him and he’ll win.

kuldeep 3 March 2009 at 00:01  

"I did some investigation. And I believed them to be largely true."..
thats a most damning statement.

that would immediately warrant an MACC investigation and risk TDZ's position as well for withholding information.The key words being "investigation" and "largely true."

And coming from someone with the stature of TDZ...and a finance minister during that period..well,its extremely prejudicial to MKT.Its not another surat layang but a guided missile.Do we expect fireworks then?

I hope TDZ is ready to step up to the base plate.

Greenbottle 3 March 2009 at 01:03  

"....I could have sworn, at that time, in my heart, I said- GODFATHER, DON DAIM...."

ah ha ha... what a freudian slip. typical of umno species...always thinking and act like a mafia...

i don't know...the more i read umno blogs the more i detest umno...

Anonymous,  3 March 2009 at 01:19  

Greenbottle,

I read your blog...only once.
And you sound so gayish....

Wah Al-Subangi 3 March 2009 at 03:05  

Dato,

TDZ have been reading your blog, so he need speak about KJ and another candidate, so KT it is. TDZ is hedging his soothsaying by not talking about MM.

Sans 3 March 2009 at 05:46  

Interesting post.

One interesting point. TDZ actually investigated KT and suspected he was corrupt.

So why is he so untouchable? Is everyone in a position of power untouchable?

Unbelievable.

Anonymous,  3 March 2009 at 07:13  

yg dihormati dato sak, for me the real reasons tdz & tdm to choose ketua tempe (kT) is he the one who willing to give puterajaya to the federal, the other adun not keen and dont want to ,only the kt is agreed so the begining of selangor majapahit era.....

nightcaller 3 March 2009 at 09:47  

Anti-climax. Nontheless it is a good read.

Wish TDZ can reveal his personal opinion on Mukhriz. Unless, of course, he do not want to offend his longtime fried Tun M.

Bet that TDZ did not foresee Perak ending the way it is today. And one more thing, TDZ did not once mention about too much politicking in Malaysia and not enough emphasize on economy and development. Most of the decisions done is political in nature...and this got to stop now, if we want Malaysia to continue to prosper.

Raison D'etre 3 March 2009 at 11:07  

Okayyyy...

Well, 45 minutes really can passed, so much was left out I supposed.

Be interesting to hear his thoughts on how we can survive this two-party arty farty system thing.

KJ lagi.

Hmm.. Is he the harapan of Umno's revival, SM?

Can't really see this in him.

Agree on KT, though. How a man can change.

At least both TDZ (and TDM) had the graciousness to realise their mistake in choosing people.

Or perhaps its the system that allows perks to political positions.

Serving the rakyat is nothing more that something quipped during the elections (by, general, party bla bla).

walla 3 March 2009 at 11:50  

'no, you don't answer to me. You answer to God.'

Again, the principle of equalization before Him, wrongly applied. If there's something that man can do, leaving it to Him is just passing the buck. If we don't take responsibility for our actions, how can we expect Him to take responsibility for us?

There are many in Umno who can see what have been done wrong. Yet none to do something to right matters when they could have.

Quantum Metal Consultant 3 March 2009 at 21:28  

Pencinta KJ sudah tentu tidak 'dedahkan' pandangan TDZ terhadap Mukhriz - takut calon pujaannya hancus !!!

Apakah anda fikir Dato' Sak ini terlalu suci dan tidak 'main politik' ??? dan tidak mengambil untung atas pertemuan dengan TDZ.

Perhatikan 'spinnya' selepas ini.

mamasita 3 March 2009 at 22:46  

Hai kluangman.
Takdepun TDZ mentioned MM.I was the first to ask.Buatper lah nak sorok.
Tapi if you still tak percaya go and ask TDZ yourself.Lagi bagus kan?

And Dato tak mintak apa2 pun dari TDZ.First time jumpa takkan lah terus terkam mintak projek ke apa.
MALU jugak!
Hope you percaya.Thank you ye.

Mat Cendana 4 March 2009 at 00:53  

Khir Toyo is the front-runner for the Pemuda post?! This is unbelievable! Some time ago, it was a matter of either Mukhriz and Khairy.

I've been following the blogs, and I haven't come across any *significant* Umno blog that leans towards Khir - they are either for Mukhriz or Khairy. And suddenly, should Khir win... What would that say? All the bloggers were out of touch... that they failed to feel the pulse of the grassroots?

What will become of Umno in this event? It'll only further confirm what everyone knows concerning money politics. Worse, it also confirms this one - leadership is decided by money ONLY... SOLELY by money.

In this situation, can we be blamed should we decide that maybe the chameleon Anwar, untrustworthy that he is, should be given a chance after all? The camel is close to having its back broken.

Anonymous,  4 March 2009 at 15:44  

I agree fully with what Walla says:

'There are many in UMNO who can see what have been done wrong. Yet none to do something to right matters when they could have."

And I don't understand the high adoration for TDM and TDZ when books published in the 1990s on political business etc give a highly different impression.

"Extraordinary times allow extraordinary measures" - often?

Anonymous,  16 October 2009 at 18:42  

siapa nak ganti TDZ yeah..>?? wira dani not so entreprising like him... any other sson or daughter who is taking over his footsteps..??

  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP