Copyright Notice

All rights reserved. No part of this publication may be reproduced, distributed, or transmitted in any form or by any means, including photocopying, recording, or other electronic or mechanical methods, without the prior written permission of the author, except in the case of brief quotations embodied in critical reviews and certain other non-commercial uses permitted by copyright law. For permission requests, write to the author, at the address below.

Sakmongkol ak 47

ariff.sabri@gmail.com

Wednesday 26 August 2020

Old Kuantan.

1. I was born in Pekan, Pahang. Up to 6 years old I stayed in Pekan. From standard one to 6th form I stayed in Kuantan.

2. My home town is therefore really Kuantan. It is there where my fondest memories are.

3. I am very fortunate to come across a video of old Kuantan. Many of the landmarks were there before I was born.

4. Be that as it may, I was in time to experience some of the things of old Kuantan.

5. For instance, I was in time of the ferry at Tanah Puteh. I saw barges plying the Kuantan river. I was in time when the buildings in front of Rex Cinema were wooden buildings.

6. You can only get to Tanjung Lumpur by boat or overland via Kampung Semangat. A goat costs RM 40 only.

7. Enjoy old Kuantan. Progress has overtaken many of the features. 




0 comments:

  © Blogger templates Newspaper III by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP